*1. Mary has gone to the teacher’s office. ____________ has Joan.
A. And B. Neither C. So D. But
2. _______ have you been studying English?
A. When B. How C. How long D. How many
3. The Smiths ____ London for nearly three years.
A. will be B. have left C. have been away from
4. --Are the two answers right?
A. no one is B. both are C. none is D. neither is
5. He ____ to New York next week.
A. is flying B. flies C. has flown D. flew
6. You must smoking. It does great harm（危害） to your health.
A. give in B. give to C. give away D. give up
7. Chinese English learners often talk about topics in English at first but _________up in Chinese at last.
A. finish B. start C. end D. stay
8. Lily didn’t know the answer. I didn’t know the answer, .
A. too B. also C. either D. neither
9. Jack regards Beijing his second hometown because he has been here for over ten years.
A. as B. for C. to D. with
10. The sports meeting will be held out of doors it rains tomorrow.
A. if B. if not C. whether D. unless
**11. She needs a partner .
A. to practice English B. practicing English
C. to practice English with D. practice English with
12. Li Gang always helps others and his parents take pride his good behavior.
A. of B. with C. in D. at
**13. --John didn’t pass the test this time, did him? -- . He failed again.
A. Yes, he did. B. No, he didn’t C. Yes, he was D. No, he wasn’t
14. His mother is very busy. She spends much time ________ housework.
A. to do B. does C. doing D. do
15. ___________ work in Microsoft?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to
C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
16. I am ___________ of spiders.
A. terrify B. terror C. terrifying D. terrified
17. No one likes him ___________.
A. still B. never C. any more D. too
18. I always go to sleep ___________ the light on.
A. in B. with C. to D. and
19. _________ should not be allowed to go out at night.
A. Twelve-years-old B. Twelve-year-olds
C. Twelve year old D. Twelve years old
*20. --- He went to see the man who was in hospital yesterday.
A. So did we B. So we did C. We did so D. Did so we
These days computer games have become more and more popular in many cities and towns. A lot of small shops along busy streets have ___1___ into computer game houses in order to get more ___2___. These places are always crowded with people.
In the computer game houses, people ___3___ a lot of money matching on the machines. It’s ___4___ for one to beat a computer, but one can get ahead after trying again and again. People want to win when they play computer games. The more they ___5___, the more they want to win, and at last they even can’t live ___6___ it.
The result is that some people don’t want to ___7___ and take days off to play in computer game houses for hours and hours. For school boys, things are ___8___. They couldn’t set their mind on their lessons. When school is over, they rush to the computer game houses near their schools. Some of them can get enough money from their parents. Some of them are not ___9___ to get the money. So they steal others’ money and become bad.
Computer game addiction (上瘾) is a serous problem in our life. Something has to be done to ___10___ it.
1. A. got B. became C. changed D. gone
2. A. boys B. money C. computers D. houses
3. A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
4. A. time B. easy C. good D. hard
5. A. lose B. make C. pay D. miss
6. A. with B. for C. without D. by
7. A. live B. play C. win D. work
8. A. even worse B. changed C. better D. well
9. A. happy enough B. enough lucky C. enough happy D. lucky enough
10. A. close B. keep C. develop D. stop
The best way of learning a language is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you’ll get your words mixed up ( 混合)and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can’t understand them. But if you keep your sense of humor (幽默感),you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make(你所犯的错误). Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes（错误）. It is better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you. Because they don’t understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is : “Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes. ”
1. The writer thinks that the best way for you to learn a language is ________.
A. writing B. using it C. listening D. learning grammar
2. What should you do in learning English?
A. Be careful not to make any mistakes.
B. Write as quickly as you can.
C. Speak English as much as you can.
D. Laugh more often.
3. When people laugh at your mistakes, you should ___________.
A. not care(不在意) B. be happy C. feel worried D. be unhappy
4. When you make a mistake, you should _______.
A. keep quiet B. get angry C. be kind D. keep your sense of humor
5. The story tells us: “__________”.
A. Only foolish (愚蠢的) people make mistakes
B. Few people make mistakes
C. People never make mistakes
D. There is no one who doesn’t make mistakes
“Depend on yourself” is what nature says to every man. Parents can help you. Teachers can help you. Others still can help you. But all these only help you to help yourself.
There have been many great men in history. But many of them were very poor in childhood, and had no uncles, aunts or friends to help them. They couldn’t depend on them for education. They saw it was, and began to work with their efforts. To know something, they worked their own way up to fame (荣誉).
One of the most famous teachers in England used to tell his pupil, “I can’t make worthy men of you, but I can help you make men of yourselves. ”
Some young men are the best in anything, and they are so be pitied (值得同情的). They can never do things successfully if they don’t see their weak points and change their courses (做法). They are nothing now, and will be nothing as long as they live if they don’t follow the advice of their parents and teachers, and depend on their own efforts.
6. “Depend on yourself” in this passage means ___________.
A. depend on your own efforts B. depend on nature
C. wait for others to help D. depend on your parents
7. Many of the great men in history succeeded because ____________.
A. they were very poor in childhood
B. they could not depend on schools for an education
C. they made great efforts to learn and work
D. they wanted very much to become famous
8. According to the famous teacher in England, a teacher can _________.
A. make his pupils worthy men
B. teach his pupils everything he knows
C. help his pupils make themselves useful men
D. make his pupils men of strength and courage
9. If young people depend on their own efforts, ___________.
A. they are to be pitied
B. they can never be successful
C. they are nothing now and will be nothing in the future
D. they can be successful in their work
10. The main idea of the passage is that ___________.
A. we should depend on our parents and teachers
B. we can depend on our friends and relatives
C. all great men in history were poor when they were young
D. we can’t depend on our parents or teachers, but we can get advice from them
New rules for middle school students came out in March. Middle school is going to use a good way to decide who the top students are. The best students won’t only have good grades. They will also be kids who don’t dye(染) their hair, smoke or drink. The following are some of the new rules.
Tell the truth. Have you ever copied someone else’s work on an exam? Don’t do it again! That’s not something an honest student should do. If you have played computer games for two hours in your room, don’t tell your parents you have done homework. Do more at school. Good students love animals and care about other people. April is bird-loving month in China. Is your school doing anything to celebrate? You should join!
That way, you can learn more about animals and how to protect them. When more people work together, it makes more fun for everyone.
Have you ever fought with your teammates when your basketball team lost? Only working together can make your team stronger. Be friendly to the people you are with. Try to think of others, not only yourself.
Be open to new ideas. Have you ever thought that people could live on the moon? Maybe you’ll discover Earth some day. Don’t laugh at new ideas. Everyone’s ideas are important. You should welcome them, because new ideas make life better for everyone.
Protect yourself. Has someone ever taken money from one of your classmates? Don’t let it happen to you. If you have to go home late, you should take care of yourself and let your parents know.
Use the Internet carefully. The internet can be very useful for your studies. But some things on the Internet aren’t for kids, so try to look at Web pages that are good for you. You can use the Web for fun or homework. Can’t you find any good websites for children? Here are some: http://kids. eastday. com; http://www. chinakids. net. com.
11. The school new rules will help kids by telling them .
A. how they can study well. B. what they should do only at school
C. what is right and what is wrong D. how they can protect themselves
12. According to the passage, which of the following is NOT true?
A. Take care of yourself when you are out.
B. Tell the truth, even when you are wrong.
C. Keep some animals to protect them.
D. Use the internet, but keep away from bad things.
13. The main idea of the fourth paragraph is about .
A. making the team stronger B. learning from each other
C. working together with others D. being strict with others
14. Good website for children can .
A. be a waste of time B. help them with their studies
C. do homework for them D. make life easier
15. The passage tells us .
A. how to do more at school B. how to care about others
C. how to be top students D. how to use the Internet
Think of life as a game in which you are playing with five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit (精神) and you keep all of them in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce (弹跳) back.
But the other four balls, family, health, friends and spirit, are made of glasses. If you drop one of these, they will be broken. They will never be the same. You must understand that and try to have balance in your life. How?
Don’t look down on your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different and each of us is special.
Don’t let other people set goals for you. Only you know what is best for yourself.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. (3) Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
Don’t be afraid to fight difficulties. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible. (4) The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly (紧紧地); the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless. It’s a treasure (珍宝) you can always carry easily.
Don’t use time or words carelessly. You can’t get them back.
Life is not a competition, but a trip, step by step.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery (秘密), and today is a gift: that’s why we call it “the present”.
1. What are the five balls of life?
2. Please say something about knowledge according to the passage.
1. He likes singing, e________ singing pop songs.
2. It would be a good e_____________ for me because I want to be a doctor.
3. It’s f for me to fail in the test.
4. If I make a m ,don’t laugh at me.
5. They have t in making complete sentences. It’s too difficult for them.
**6. Three _________(four) of the earth is ocean.
7. It’s fun ____ (play) games for children.
8. They have no problem _____ (climb) the mountain.
9. I’m too to say anything. （excite）
10. The young man with sunglasses is not s________ enough.
1. I have been here for three months. (改为同义句)